Skate Canada New Brunswick is a Not-For-Profit organization dedicated to providing opportunities for all to participate in skating throughout their lifetime for fun, fitness, and/or achievement.
Skate Canada New Brunswick is run by a Board of Directors. The Board is comprised of a Chair, a Past Chair, 3 Vice-Presidents, a Treasurer, a Secretary, 12 Committee Chairs and 8 Regional Directors.
The Skate Canada New Brunswick office is located in Dieppe, NB and is managed by an Executive Director.
Skate New Brunswick is comprised of strong clubs in well-developed regions. They work as a team and share the workload equitably in the provision of safe and quality programs for participants pursuing fun, fitness and/or the opportunity to achieve personal growth and success at the appropriate level. We envision:
- A vehicle for open communication between skaters, parents, volunteers, coaches, officials, clubs and regions by providing accurate, up-to-date information and support.
- Maintaining and increasing membership throughout the province by promoting all Skate Canada Programs.
- Continuing to strive toward excellence by developing new partnerships as we pursue the best of opportunities for all our skaters through the concept of a high performance-training center or other available vehicles.
- A financially stable organization striving to develop community partnerships for increased visibility and financial support.
- Attracting and encouraging volunteers ensuring their continued participation by providing support and motivation through quality training opportunities and programs.
- Encourage professional self-development in the interest of providing quality instruction to all skaters.
- We believe skaters at all levels and in all disciplines have the right to quality/safe skating experiences.
- We value, respect and recognize the contribution of all those involved in developing and delivering programs and services.
- We, as Skate Canada partners, respect and support the rules of our Association.
- We believe in accountability and transparency of our sport.
- We believe, through a team approach, activities shall be provided to ensure our sport is "athlete centered''.